After so many years (7 and a half years) of self-hosting this blog, I’ve decided to move it WordPress.com.
That way it would be:
- Cheaper — I have to spend for the domain mapping ($13) and registration only per year;
- More Secure — I have 2-step authentication in place;
- Less Downtime — I suppose, it’s WordPress.com for speaking out loud!
- Free Storage — I don’t think I’ll be able to use all the free 3GB of allowed images by the service — for the life of this blog.
- It’s here to stay — Again, I suppose. WordPress has been challenged by so many but it will be here to stay.
I have always aimed for the minimalist design. I’m tired of fully customizing my blog. I just want a simple blog that I can write everything that interests me.