The Hiarcs page right now goes:
HIARCS Chess Explorer is an exciting new chess product which is under development and we hope will be available in the autumn 2011. More details on the new chess explorer application will be posted here when they are ready. We hope chess players of all chess abilities who really wish to explore and improve their chess will like the new HIARCS chess explorer software.
For me, this leaves more questions than answers:
- Is this a GUI alternative to Chessbase’ Fritz 12?
- Is this thing available for Windows and Mac?
- Is this Hiarcs answer due to Sigma Chess not available to support OS X Lion?
- Can I install other competing engines?
- Will it have intuitive interface for game analysis?
- Will I become a better player with this software?
- Will this be free or shall be sold for a hefty amount?
- Do you think it can beat Houdini?
I can go on and on, even with stupid questions, but really, that page is not helping a lot. Hope Hiarcs can come up with a concrete answer and hopefully fill that bridge for a good native chess program for the Mac.