The august body, that is, the Philippine Senate…
Former president Joseph Estrada on Thursday confirmed the opposition’s senatorial lineup for the 2007 elections, which includes politicians who figured prominently in Estrada’s ouster in 2001.
Estrada said the lineup includes Senate President Manuel Villar, Sen. Francis Pangilinan, Sen. Ralph Recto, former senators Gregorio Honasan, Loren Legarda, Tessie Aquino-Oreta, John Osmena and Vicente Sotto III, House Minority Leader Francis Escudero, Taguig-Pateros Rep. Alan Peter Cayetano and lawyer Aquilino Pimentel III. [abs-cbn news]
What about JV Ejercito, Loi, and Ping Lacson?
The administration has not yet come up with their own list. But speculations include the following personalities:
- Mike Defensor
- Angelo Reyes
- Francisco Duque
- Prospero Nograles
- Eduardo Ermita
- Lito Atienza
Surely, the Philippine Senatorial Race has turned into a big show. It has its own switches and turns. Just imagine the possibilities: three Estradas, two Cayetanos, two Pimentels in the senate. I wonder how many family members does it need to have in order to pass a single law that will benefit the entire Filipino race.
I don’t really want this blog to delve into politics, but I can’t help but to ring about the 2007 Senate Wish List of Iloilo City Boy. Although I may not agree or may not like some names in the list, I find it very interesting (and new!):
- Washington Sycip (business)
- Winnie Monsod (economics)
- Jesse Robredo (local governance)
- Lea Salonga (performing arts)
- Conrado de Quiros (media)
- Randy David (academe)
- Miss Joji Bian (Mindanao/business)
- Jesus Tambunting (SME banking)
- Jaime Galvez-Tan (health/alternative medicine).
- Mrs. Sonia Roco (women’s rights)
- Congressman Herminio “Miniong” Teves (economics)
- Tony Meloto (Gawad Kalinga/community service)