I have been looking for an inexpensive (i.e., sub-Php1,000) portable speaker system for office use that could deliver soft audible music when played during office hours, but could also deliver loud-enough audio for everybody to enjoy tracks after office hours.
Then, I happened to bump into this Divoom Iris-02 at Switch in Park Square 1.
The speakers were small they can easily fit in your bag, and yet can deliver a level of sound loud enough they can startle everyone in the office if dialed to full volume. They are powered by USB, so they can deliver up to 10 times as loud the sound of normal built-in laptop speakers.
The speakers have no subwoofer, so they can’t really replicate the sound of a true stereo system. But then, you are not in a party, instead in an office trying to enjoy music while being ‘busy’ at work.
The official product page provides the complete features and specifications as follows:
- Stereo 2.0 speaker system
- Magnetically shielded satellites for use near video monitors
- Specially-design full range aluminium-cone speaker delivers rich sound
- Power on/off, volume up/down on the top of speaker at your finger tip
- USB powered, best choice for laptop speaker
- Dimension: 69L x 85D X 65H(mm)
- Driver: 2” full range driver x 2
- Total RMS Power: 5 Watts RMS (2.5 watts PMSx2)
- Total Peak Power: 10 Watts
- Frequency Response: 120Hz-20KHz
- Signal-to-noise RATIO: >70dB
My only complaint so far about this speaker system is that the volume dial at the top of one of the speakers is kind of stiff, so I really had a hard time turning the volume up or down. So I used the source’s (e.g. laptop, ipod, iphone, etc.) volume control instead almost all of the time. Besides that, my Php 650.00 is money well spent on this Divoom Iris-02.